It is the mission of the Santa Clara Pueblo Office of Vital Statistics and Enrollment to assist the Santa Clara Pueblo Member/Non-Member community in obtaining tribal/ state-issued identification cards and other legal documents. We work one-on-one with the Office of the Governor and Tribal Council as well as other Programs within our Tribal Administration and outside entities while being confidential and culturally sensitive to traditions, language, and Santa Clara Pueblo customs.
The OVSE Staff is available to answer any questions you have regarding Tribal Enrollment, Non-Member residency membership, ID cards, hosting our community legal documentation, and/or personal information our community wishes to submit to our Progeny Database System.
Services We Provide
- Tribal Identification Cards- Adults & Minors (stolen or lost ID $25.00 Money Order To: Santa Clara Pueblo, P.O. Box 580, Espanola, NM 87532)
- Amending Vital Records
- Name Change/Address Change/ Contact information Change/ Marital Status Change (Forms can be downloaded, completed, and submitted virtually to OVSE staff)
- Data & Statistical Reports
- Birth registration (Must submit forms and documents in person)
- Ancestry Research & Historical Archiving
- BIA 4432 Indian Preference Verification
- Assistance with Obtaining Birth and Death Certificates from NMVRHS
- Acknowledgement of Paternity
- Non-Member Residency Application (Must submit forms and documents in person)
- Documents Request Form
- Name/Address Change Form
- Registration of a Minor Child Membership Form (single parent/ both parents)
- Tribal Identification Card Request
- Non-Member Residency Application
Required when returned:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License or Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Process Fee: $100.00 Money Order paid to:
Santa Clara Pueblo
P.O. Box 580
Espanola, NM 87532
- Assist with Certified Death Certificate: (Fee is charged at NMVR and Health Statistics)
- Name/Address Change: Free
- Tribal ID/Non-Member ID (if lost or stolen $25.00)
The Office of Vital Statistics would request that you call beforehand to drop off any documents or important information. We strongly advise you that you must submit your documents, we are not able to process your applications if we don’t have what we need to submit to the Tribal Council or Non-Member Residency Committee. Please meet your scheduled deadlines. This gives us time to process paperwork in case it requires the Governor’s attention. For additional information, please contact our staff at the Office of Vital Statistics.
For Death Certificates and other Documents
New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics
1105 S St. Francis Dr.
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00 to 12:45 p.m.
12:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tribal ID Appointment Times
Monday – Friday
9:00 am to 12:00 p.m.
Lunch: 12:45 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
12:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*Hours subject to change
Office of Vital Statistics, Enrollment Clerk I, Program Manager, Director
Corrine J. Padilla
Office of Vital Statistics Data Entry Tech./Enrollment Clerk II/Acting Non-Member Residence Clerk
Shawna M. Martinez-Archuleta
Office of Vital Statistics, Program Assistant